Sunday 23 December 2018

About myself

A few years ago, not very long after taking an early pension, I sat at the keyboard of my laptop, starting to write without realising the implications. Writing fiction is something I learned by trial and error, which in due course led to my first manuscripts. In my work up to now, apart from my seafaring background, my interest in the complexities of present-day society plays a part.

I write in Dutch, but I translate all my work into English to make it accessible to my English speaking friends, and publication in order to reach a wider audience in the English language domain. In 2019, my first book The Batavian was published in Dutch as De Batavier. My second book, Het Transport (The Cargo) appeared in print in October 2020. My third book Drie Meter Zand (Two Fathoms Deep) appeared in April 2022, and my fourth book (Anansi) in June 2023.

I publish the English editions of all my books in digital and paperback format. They are available from Amazon

More about my life and my authorship on my website: http://www.tedpolet.com/eintro.htm



No comments:

Post a Comment