Saturday 20 August 2022

Two Fathoms Deep - paperback

Shortly before we departed for a 5-week sailing trip to the United Kingdom, I completed publication of my latest book Two Fathoms Deep as a paperback. I ordered one copy from Amazon and took it with me aboard to re-read it and check for any remaining errors. I often do so when a book is published - if the printed version manages to capture my imagination, it should be all right...

I only found one or two typos, which for the moment should be acceptable.

yours truly checking the set of the mainsail

Meanwhile, we sailed south towards the Belgian coast and continued west, step by step, crossing the Channel near the SandettiƩ light vessel and ending up in Ramsgate.

The SandettiƩ light vessel, anchored in the centre of the shipping lanes

 

We had a very good time afloat and it was good to be back in the UK, the first time after the Covid crisis hit us. The most northerly place we went to was Pin Mill on the Orwell, still a magical place full of old wrecks.

Pin Mill

On the way back, we re-visited several places that play a part in Two Fathoms Deep - Stangate Creek, a side creek of the Medway, where a stolen cargo was landed, Burnham-on-Crouch, where a shooting took place, and the chapel of St Peter on the Wall on the coast near Bradwell, where another crime was committed. We came there 11 years ago and they gave me part of the inspiration for the book.

Stangate Creek (Medway)

Burnham-on-Crouch

St Peter on the Wall, Bradwell

In Chatham we met an old friend of mine, Chris O'Donoghue, who is an author himself. He writes the Sonny Russell series of thrillers. I gave Chris the copy of Two Fathoms Deep, which he is now reading himself. He even took it down to the beach recently, making this photo - it is as if the photo is an extension of the cover, which I suppose Chris intended!

Two Fathoms Deep on the beach - Chris O'Donoghue photo

My other books will be published as paperbacks in due course - but first there is another foreign trip awaiting me - part holiday, and part a study trip for my next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment